Religious Worker (Ref: RIC/RW1/2021)
Vacancy Ref: RIC/RW1/2021
Intake: 29th November 2021
Deadline: 31st December 2021
Reading Islamic Centre is one of the most established Sunni mosques in Reading, Berkshire, serving a large and diverse community. The Masjid urgently requires a learned, dynamic and approachable scholar or student of knowledge to take up the position of Religious Worker at our Centre based close to Central Reading. We seek a character who can offer Islamic religious guidance, practices, and leadership, according to the teachings of the Holy Quran and the Sunnah of our Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).
The position will require the following duties to be carried out at the centres:
- To make prayer-calls before each five times prayers in the mosque as per times published in the Mosque calendar. Also to pronounce Iquamah before the starting of each Jamaat congregation.
- To help organise collections of the funds from the community and encourage them in to participate regularly in the Mosque activities.
- To attend and arrange religious functions (including Shabe-Barath and the two Eids etc.)
- To help organise various workshops, seminars and Islamic meetings as and when required.
- To recite the Holy Qur’an in Islamic meetings and congregations held in the Mosque time to time and recite Islamic Nasheeds etc when the occasion demands.
- To Keep the classrooms for the children nice and tidy and make sure that the teachers and students are supplied with necessary education materials. Also to keep the Registers of both the teachers and pupils ready for inspections on request by the management.
- To take care of the Mosque in general and to take its care in particular about its sanctity, cleanliness and holiness.
The successful candidate will be fluent in English, Arabic and Urdu.
The candidate must be able to present a recognised qualification in Islamic Studies from an appropriate institute and preferably be a Hafiz of the Qur’an.
The candidate must be able to engage with all sections of the community, particularly the youth, and must be highly motivated to spread the true teachings of Islam based on the Qur’an, the authentic Sunnah and the understanding of the Companions.
He must have a good understanding of current affairs and our position of Muslims in Britain in the 21st Century, and be able to present Islam in this context.
He must have a demonstratable scholarship of the Shariah, and also the Islamic sciences such as Aqedah and Hadith. The candidate must be able to help members of the community and advise them on their day-to-day religious matters.
The candidate must also be able to work together with the Centre Management Committee and other staff members in the running of various Masjid services such as; regular classes, meetings and events.
He must also have experience in interfaith relations, and be able to communicate with and present Islam to non-Muslims in the community.
Overseas applicants must hold a degree in English from an academic institute and must fulfil the English requirements as per UK immigration rules.
PLEASE NOTE: All applications must be received by Reading Islamic Centre by 31st December 2021 either via email or by post.